Water Soluble Film
Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper is used on top of the item within the embroidery hoop, providing a smooth embroidering surface for your machine. It keeps the embroidery thread elevated, preventing the thread from sinking into the fabric fiber. It acts as a “spacer” on top of the fabric, so the thread remains raised on top of the material. Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper washes away clean. Use this product to prevent the fabric fibers from crushing when used on top of the fabric before hooping. Ever have your embroidery foot get caught between two layers of fabric, while embroidering in-the-hoop projects? Toppers are the solution. Use RNK® Embroidery Perfect Tape® to secure a piece of topper over the entire stitching area before starting the color change to seal the gap between the two overlapping fabrics. Once the packaging is opened, store Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper in a sealed air-tight bag or container. We also have an iron-away topper when you need the topper to stay underneath the thread through, repeated wash and dry cycles, or for items that cannot withstand moisture.
Proprietorial lightweight, high-quality, embossed water-soluble film.
- Cut a piece of Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper slightly larger than the size of the design and place it on top of the fabric.
- Secure the outer corners with RNK® Embroidery Perfection Tape® or machine-baste to prevent movement.
- Embroider the design.
- Remove as much of the topper as possible by tearing it away.
- To remove the Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper in tight spaces, use the Embellish® Vinyl Weeding Tool. This works great inside of small lettering, reducing hand fatigue.
- Remove any remnants by moistening with a damp cloth, Q-tip, immerse in water, or launder. Do not iron the item until all topping is removed.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content.