Sheer Non-Directional Fusible Cutaway Stabilizer
Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway is a premium, fusible, soft cutaway stabilizer. It is a green product made from 70% recycled fibers and is used with all machine embroidery designs on non-stable fabrics such as: athletic wear, costumes, flannel, knits, T-Shirts, onesies, rain jackets, polos, pashmina’s, wool, and wool blend acrylic scarfs. Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway is sheer and directional, created with a unique embossed pattern for added support. The added temporary fusible prevents the fabric from shifting while hooping and embroidering, resulting in perfect outline stitches. Because of the sheerness of this cutaway, it will not shadow through the fabric or garment. Premium nylon fibers are superior to polyester because nylon is super-structured and resists stretching where polyester stretches. It is also available in a nonfusible version.
Made in America. Nylon (not polyester) mesh cutaway created from 70% recycled fibers with a light temporary fusible. 2.0 oz.
Holds up to 10,000 embroidery stitches in a 4” x 4” hoop.
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer to the back of the material. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer perimeter of the hoop to ensure proper stabilization.*Important – Use a low temp (Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (natural fibers such as muslin or cotton). All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your iron’s temperature until you achieve a good bond between the fabric and stabilizer and ensure the stabilizer can be removed from the unembroidered fabric. If it won’t release easily, the iron temperature is too high.
- Hoop the material along with the fused stabilizer, making sure the material and stabilizer are taut.
- If the design has more than 10,000 stitches in a 4”x4” hoop, then fuse a second piece of Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway at a 45-degree angle. Fusing the second layer at a 45-degree angle creates the ultimate stability and softness. Another option for a second layer, instead of fusing another piece of soft cutaway, is to “float” Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway under the hoop. Floating the dissolvable tearaway is a good option when you have objects that have open areas next to solid filled regions (like a capital W shape) on thin knit fabric that wants to pucker in the unfilled areas. We recommend you test the design on fabric, with the two different products as the second layer, before applying it to the final project.
- Add an embroidery topper on top of the hooped item (either Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper or Embellish® Iron-Away Clear Topper).
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the material from the hoop. Remove the topper, following the topper product sheet, found in this workbook.
- Hold your fingers over the bobbin thread and tear away as much of the dissolvable “floater,” if applicable.
- Peel away the Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway back to the design and trim.
- If the iron temperature was too hot during the fusing process of the Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway, it might be necessary to re-heat the stabilizer using a Silk Setting for it to release from the material.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content.