Dense Water-Soluble Stabilizer with Adhesive
Embellish® Sticky Rinse-Away Mesh is a dense fibrous, water-soluble stabilizer with a light, sticky dissolvable coating and is used for items that are distinguished as “hard to hoop” or fabrics that could be harmed/ marked by the hooping process such as: baby onesies, necklines, collars, and cuffs. Embellish® Sticky Rinse- Away Mesh washes away clean with no messy residue and is excellent for supporting embroidery on delicate and sheer fabrics such as: batiste, chiffon, netting, organdy, organza, tulle, voile and sheer scarfs. The added adhesive prevents the fabric from shifting while embroidering, resulting in perfect outline stitches. Unlike other water-soluble stabilizers that are clear, the mesh properties of this stabilizer are not prone to stretching from embroidering dense designs with heavy needle penetration. Also available in a non-sticky version, Embellish® Rinse-Away Mesh.
Proprietorial high-density per square inch, fibrous, woven, water-soluble fibers. Contains a pressuresensitive, needle-friendly, water-dissolvable coating.
Holds up to 12,000 embroidery stitches in a 4”x 4” hoop.
- Hoop one piece of Embellish® Sticky Rinse-Away Mesh with the release paper (shiny side) facing up.
- Draw an “X” on the surface with the Embellish® Vinyl Weeding Tool, taking care not to puncture the stabilizer. This will perforate the release paper so it can easily be torn away, exposing the sticky surface.
- Finger-press the wrong side of the item to the sticky surface and smooth out the wrinkles.
- If the design has more than 12,000 stitches in a 4” x 4” hoop, “float” a piece of Embellish® Rinse-Away Mesh under the hoop for added support. *Note – If sticking down a garment such as a baby onesie or T-Shirt, prep the piece with the proper/recommended Embellish® stabilizer before sticking it down.
- It is recommended to slow the speed of your machine to “600” stitches per minute.
- Add an embroidery topper on top of the hooped item (either Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper or Embellish® Iron-Away Clear Topper).
- Embroider the design. If your machine has an auto-baste function, it is recommended to baste the design and topper before embroidering.
- Remove the material from the hoop.
- Pull back and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.
- Soak the material in room temperature, soft water and change the water often until all the stabilizer and adhesive dissolves. Once the stabilizer and adhesive are dissolved, do a final rinse under room temperature, running water.
Important – It is necessary to use “soft” water to get optimal rinse results. If your water is hard or has high mineral deposits, it may be necessary to add a water softener to the bath while soaking your garment.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content.