Adhesive-Backed, Needle-Friendly Tearaway for Hard to Hoop Items
Embellish® Sticky Tearaway is a pressure sensitive, needle-friendly, light tearaway stabilizer made using the “Non-Woven” technique. Our unique base material is constructed with a combination of 50% soft tearaway fibers and 50% water-soluble fibers, making it very easy to remove from delicate embroidery or embellishments. Use this premium sticky stabilizer when working with items that are distinguished as “hard to hoop” or fabrics that could be harmed/marked by the hooping process such as: collars, cuffs, socks, corners, burlap, cardstock, corduroy, cork fabric, cuddle, jeggings, leather, low-pile fur, oilcloth, towels, watercolor paper and velvet. This is the ideal “vehicle” for getting smaller items under the needle for embellishment such as: baby onesies, pockets, T-Shirts, etc. Use our non-sticky version, Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway, when additional design support is needed by floating a piece under the embroidery hoop. This is necessary when the design stitch count is more than 10,000 stitches in a 4”x 4” hoop.
Made in America. Constructed of 50% soft tearaway fibers and 50% soft, water-soluble fibers with a light, pressure-sensitive, needle-friendly, water-soluble coating. 1.8 oz.
Holds up to 10,000 embroidery stitches in a 4″ x 4″ hoop.
- Hoop one piece of Embellish® Sticky Tearaway with the release paper (shiny side) facing up. Make sure the stabilizer is “tight as a drum” in the hoop.
- Draw an “X” on the surface with the Embellish® Vinyl Weeding Tool, taking care not to puncture the stabilizer. This will perforate the paper so it can easily be torn away, exposing the sticky surface.
- Finger-press the wrong side of the item to the sticky surface and smooth out the wrinkles. 4. If the design has more than 10,000 stitches in a 4” x 4” hoop, “float” a piece of Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway under the hoop for added support.
- Add an embroidery topper on top of the hooped item (either Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper or Embellish® Iron-Away Clear Topper).
- Embroider the design. If your machine has an auto-baste function, it is recommended to baste the design and topper before embroidering.
- Remove the material from the hoop.
- Hold your fingers over the bobbin thread and tear away as much of the stabilizer as possible, starting with the “floater.”
- Optional Method – Wet around the edge of the design using a Q-Tip, sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 5 seconds to allow the water to activate the water-soluble portion of the stabilizer. Or, lay a damp cloth on the back side until fibers start to dissolve. This method is perfect for a project that you are not going to launder.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content. Stabilizer remnants will continue to wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.